Homecoming Week and Dance

Laila G., Staff Writer

Homecoming week was filled with goofy theme days and buzz about the dance. Uni went all out for Homecoming. Monday was Adam Sandler day. Students dressed up as the iconic comedian and actor, with baggy shorts and oversized tees. Tuesday, we saw so many twins! For twin-day matching onesies, jackets, shirts, and pants, and even matching hairstyles! On Thursday, everyone rocked pink to spread awareness for breast cancer.  By Friday, childhood outfits were in. with children’s backpacks and old shirts. It definitely brought back elementary school memories. 

Uni scored a win with the attendance at our homecoming game. The stands were packed
with family and friends. Drill brought out the wild side for half time and so did the parade. From LSU to Robotics to Weightlifting, every club brought out the best witty signs and costumes; really showing Uni pride!

To wrap up homecoming week, Uni had its first homecoming dance in three years. The “Starry Night” themed homecoming dance was beautiful;  a snack bar, and a 360 photo booth with a table full of photo props. Everyone came dressed in alluring glittery dresses or sleek button-downs. The energy was high and so was the excitement; with the dance floor crowded and people dancing the night away. 

Overall Uni’s homecoming week was a major success, through all these various events.

The Wildcat is committed to publishing a diversity of letters to the editor. We’d like to hear what you think about this or any of our articles. And here’s our email: [email protected]